Thursday 30 September 2010

Buckle up!

All Saints is one of those shops that in my opinion has directional and innovative designs of a couture standard but with the price tag of a high street store (good news for poor students like me). Well... some of it is high street prices, it’s very much borderline with some of the prices, kind of like Reiss; is it high street or designer? I think it really depends on your perspective.
After some sneaky snaps of some garment details that really caught my eye while trend researching for a university project I saw an interesting details that has been repeated in a few different stores such as All Saints and Zara:
These hook and eye clasps that are usually hidden on garments are used as a design and practical feature on this cardigan/jumper. I like the roughness of this style and how it draws the attention to the front details of the top, as well as the contrasting fabrics that seem to be big this season?
 Everywhere I go (by everywhere I mean All Saints and Diesel) there seems to be patches of different fabrics making up garments and highlighting random areas of the body like the armpits and hips, not the usual colour blocking tricks used by fashion legends such as Herve Leger for adding curves to a slim figure.





This is my most recent purchase from Zara at the weekend while ‘trend researching’ yet again. Here the clasp detail is in the form of a buckle and in a contrasting leather fabric that really makes it stand out from the rest of the garment!
And yet again, there is the highlighted pocket detail on the sides of the trousers and the seams being used as an embellishment detail to separate compartments of the trousers around the front and back.

Unfortunately unlike most of the population of girls, I am NOT a fan of the harem pants... I don’t see how the baggy crotch that resembles Aladdin is in any way attractive or even fashionable. Anyway, these pants are my baby steps into the world of harem pants, the world that all of my female friends have already entered with full enthusiasm and have suffered my sceptical wrath at this unflattering style.
Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment